- Look for WPC flooring with a waterproof core. WPC flooring is designed to be more resistant to water than traditional flooring, but it is not completely waterproof. Look for WPC flooring with a waterproof core, which means that the core is made from a material such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) that will not allow water to penetrate it.
- Choose a WPC flooring with a durable finish. WPC flooring is typically finished with a protective layer that helps to protect the floor from wear and tear. Look for WPC flooring with a durable finish that will last for many years.
- Consider the installation process. WPC flooring is often easier to install than traditional flooring, but the installation process can still vary depending on the type of flooring you choose. Make sure you understand the installation process before you purchase the flooring to ensure that you can properly install it yourself or hire a professional.
- Look for WPC flooring with a warranty. WPC flooring usually comes with a warranty that covers defects and damage. Make sure to read the warranty carefully to understand what is covered and what isn’t.
- Compare prices. WPC flooring is often more expensive than traditional flooring, but prices can vary. Take the time to compare prices from different retailers to find the best deal.
Tips for Cleaning and Maintaining WPC Floors
- Vacuum regularly. Regular vacuuming is key in keeping WPC floors clean and free of dirt, dust, and debris. Use a vacuum with a soft-bristle brush attachment as this is gentler on the floor’s surface. Avoid using a vacuum with a beater bar, as this can damage the floor.
- Sweep regularly. Regular sweeping with a soft-bristled broom can also help keep dirt and debris from settling into the grooves of the flooring.
- Mop periodically. Periodically, use a damp mop with a mild cleaning solution (recommended by the flooring manufacturer) to clean any dirt or debris that may have accumulated in the grooves.
- Spot clean spills and stains. Immediately wipe up any spills or stains using a damp cloth and a mild cleaner. Blot the spill or stain using a clean, dry cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- Avoid harsh cleaners. Avoid abrasive cleaners and those containing wax, as these can damage the floor’s finish.
- Protect the floor from sun and moisture. WPC floors are prone to fading and discoloration when exposed to direct sunlight and moisture. Use curtains or blinds to shield the floor from the sun’s rays, and use area rugs to protect the floor from moisture.
Faqs About WPC Flooring
What is WPC Flooring?
WPC flooring stands for Wood Plastic Composite flooring, which is a type of resilient flooring that combines the strength of wood and the durability of plastic.
Is WPC Flooring Waterproof?
Yes, WPC flooring is 100% waterproof and will not be damaged by water.
Is WPC Flooring Scratch Resistant?
Yes, WPC flooring is scratch resistant and can withstand everyday wear and tear.
Does WPC Flooring Require Special Maintenance?
No, WPC flooring is low maintenance and requires no special treatments or cleaning materials. A regular sweep and mop are all that is needed to keep it looking like new.